Saturday, August 21, 2010

Eyebrow waxing + sensitive skin?

Hey everyone, I'm going to a salon tomorrow to get my hair cut, %26amp; I think I also want to get my eyebrows waxed. It will be my first time doing it, so I'm a bit concerned.


The issue:


- I have really sensitive skin on my face %26amp; I'm concerned about the redness lasting into Wednesday (my first day of school)





Anyone else have sensitive skin %26amp; have any input on whether or not I should do this?


Any other tips/comments are appreciated too =] Thanks!Eyebrow waxing + sensitive skin?
I get my eyebrows waxed all the time and my skin is a little sensitive, they only stay red for a few minutes now. The first time I think it was red for an hour or so. I went with a friend once who had REALLY sensitive skin and it was her first time and still it lasted no more than an hour or two. There should be no way that it would last over night and during school! :0)Eyebrow waxing + sensitive skin?
My face is soo sensitive. I break out if they put aloe vera or alchohal on my face when they do mine so I just have them ue vaseline.
If you're getting your eyebrows waxed, putting aloe vera on the area that was waxed right after is probably the best idea. (Or another type of skin soother). Also, ask the people at the salon what types of waxing is gentle and what types wouldn't be good for sensitive skin.





Hope I could help!
the redness won't last till Wednesday


my skin turns red after getting my eyebrows waxed too





it only lasts, maybe for the longest, an hour
I am very sensitive too and just be careful because waxing hurts the top layer of skin. Check into this .......I just heard about it and hope to find someone who knows how to do it. It's called ';threading';.





Threading is Persian technique of hair removal . Eyebrow threading is more precise and does not cause the irritation of waxing. Hope that helps.
I have sensitive skin also, and get my eyebrows done all the time. Mine stay very red for a few hours, but are fine by the next day. I don't think you'll have a problem, but there's always a chance you may have a reaction to the wax. In that case it might take a few days to heal. See what the stylist says.
For sensitive skin threading the eyebrows is the best way. Its natural and all you are using is a thread to remove the hair. Try it, I have sensitive skin and I get mine threaded. It works well!
i think you're suppose to put water on your eyebrown (not too much) before or after. (i've forgotten. %26gt;.%26lt;)


anyway, just raise your concern to your stylist.

No comments:

Post a Comment