Tuesday, August 24, 2010

I have a question about eyebrow waxing?

im on the acne medication differin and i got my eyebrows waxed last summer, and a layer of my skin was ripped off when i had it done. the lady that did it blamed it on my medication. i got a manicure today at a different salon, and the lady asked if i wanted my eye brows waxed. my mom explained to her why she didnt want to have them done, and the lady said the wax was probably too hot, and she didnt think my acne meds were a problem. i dont know if i should get them done again or not. what do you think the problem was?I have a question about eyebrow waxing?
Differin and other retinoids thin your skin, so it is the medication that caused your skin to rip. If you read the package information that comes in the box or on the website it says ';As with other retinoids, use of ';waxing'; as a depilatory method should be avoided on skin treated with adapalene.';I have a question about eyebrow waxing?
no the meds would do it. every esthetician knew that i thought! you are supposed to stop meds like that for 2 weeks before waxing! she should have asked you, i dont think the wax was to hot. it could have been a combo of both but mainly your meds. i suggest plucking if you are still on them, if not then wax away. any retin-a type cream, aha, or bha can do this and an acne cream is all of these
I cant say for sure but if I had to guess id say the first one who did them messed up and looked for something else to blame other than herself.
I would try it again. If it happens again, then you know the reason was due to sensitive skin.
Actually you were both equally at fault. Certain acne medications make the skin extra sensitive (which is why they advise slathering sunscreen when using a topical acne medication) and your waxer probably was a bit too aggressive and unaware of the damage she caused. Early on in the process she should have noticed your skin was reacting to the process.





You might try threading or having your brows shaped with a razor until you are off the medication.
I am on acne medication and I have never had a problem with getting my eyebrows waxed. It sounds like the lady did it wrong and that you should never go to the place again.
its because of your skin type


you probably have sensitive skin, because that happens to my friend all the time. they rip off her skin also.





i don't think you should continue waxing. instead try threading or plucking.





i thread my eyebrows and it turns out better than waxing!
Acne medication can make your skin sensitive. Most waxing kit suggested not using the product if you are currently using a stronger acne Solution. But, since people rarely use Acne stuff around the eye area there shouldn't have been a problem. Next time you get a wax ask the person helping you to use a soothing cream before hand. Or, simply get them plucked instead.
It could've been either one actually. If the medication is making your skin more sensitive, waxing would definitely irritate it. You could always try getting your eyebrows threaded if you're concerned because it's pretty similar to plucking. Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment