Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Top layer of skin came off from eyebrow waxing?

so today i got my eyebrows waxed at the same place i usually get them done but this time it hurt a little more than usual and burned when she put the aloe on after she waxed. the lady that does it told me that they were red and she doesent know why because she always does them and there never red not even for a few seconds. but what i think it is is my dermatologist switched my acne medication to differin and its making my skin more sensitive. is this correct? what should i put on it? and it hurts REALLY bad to even touch it so i dont know how im gonna get something on there but i'll try. and i need the sores gone quickly because i start school again on wed. and dont wanna go back looking like this. please help. 10 points for best answerTop layer of skin came off from eyebrow waxing?
OMG... The same thing happened to me the last time I got my eyebrows waxed. It burned SOOOO bad.





The first day or so, it hurt and burn but it wasn't really noticeable. After that, it started to scab up. I was sooo pissed. I put alcohol and neosporin on it. You just have to wait for the top layer to grow back.Top layer of skin came off from eyebrow waxing?
This happened to me recently too. I don't think its from the new medicine but maybe from the wax. With mine the wax was too cool and ripped off my skin with it. It was red and sore for a while but easily covered up with foundation powder but was slightly painful to put on. When i got out of the shower or washed my face i put aloe cream on it and it soothed the pain before putting it on. You can also try numbing it with an ice cube before you apply. This happened to me right before a big trip to Cali so i feel your pain. Also if the sores are underneath your brow try using a light shadow to cover it up. Hope this helps and good luck!
it could be the differin, but most likely the person who waxed you had the temperature on the wax too hot and burned you. I have had this happen a bunch of times. put on max strength neosporin on it. keep it moist with it and it should go away in a few days.





if it hurt a bit more when she was doing them, the wax was too hot and she needed to let the wax cool before putting it on your face. tell the person next time to watch the temperature.
Go to your dermatologist and ask her for a prescription. If not, try neosporin. It probably won't work nearly as fast as the prescription but it'll heal.
Next time get them threaded or ask the lady to just pluck them for you. I'm sorry I don't know what product you should put on it exactly (google it) but you shouldn't be using a face cleanser or acne stuff or anything like that over that area. Find out from google what you need to put on it then other than that just leave it. Don't put make up on it. When school comes back if you can't bare to let people see you like that use concealer to cover it.

No comments:

Post a Comment