Tuesday, August 24, 2010

What is fair compensation for permanent damages caused by ripped batches of skin from a eyebrow waxing?

I had my eyebrows waxed at a Beauty Salon of one of the larges retailers in the world over two months ago. They torn off large batches of of skin on both eyelids. I had to first go to my Doctor who's was shocked the very next day. I was running a high temperature and my eyelids were almost swollen shut. It was infected with a yellowish discharge. I have had to go to 4 different doctors as of today for the injuries. I I can still feel a low grade burning sensation. I had to take 750 mg of vicodone for the pain when it was non-stop for a least a month. My Doctor also sent me out to be treated for severe depression and a sleep disorder because my eyelids are still damaged and they told me that it will be at-least another 7 months before I see any changes and there is some permanent damage that I have to just learn to live with. The insurance company (aig) wants to settle with me but I don't know what a fair settlement should be.What is fair compensation for permanent damages caused by ripped batches of skin from a eyebrow waxing?
I would ask for $25,000. But I am no lawyer.

No comments:

Post a Comment