Tuesday, August 24, 2010

First Time Eyebrow waxing?

I've never gotten my eyebrows done, but they desperately need to be touched up. I have extremely sensitive and pale skin. I had a friend get her eyebrown's done last year and she got red around them. I really don't want that to happen to me.





Also when I go to the salon, what do I say? Like how do I want them done? I've been told I have a good shape, they just need to be touched up. I don't want really thin thin lines.





And how much is the typical price? My salon charges 15, is that too high/low?





Thanks so much!!First Time Eyebrow waxing?
I pay 20 for mine, so 15 is not very expensive.


I would bring a picture with you that you print off the internet , I did that


if you just want them touched up, then just tell her to keep the shape you already have.


YOU MUST say something if the wax is too hot. I have had a burn before and it took a week to get rid of.


My friend got burned and hers left scars that she has to conceal everyday ://


also, my mom comes with me, she watches like a hawk as the beautician waxes, they have messed mine up before (made them too thin).


so if they start doing something retarded, my mom says something. So my suggestion, bring your mom or older sister, anyone with you.


the redness lasts for about 2 hours for me, I have really sensitive skin


so be careful, good luck! (:














EDIT: remember, you get what you pay forFirst Time Eyebrow waxing?
Things to keep in mind when going to get your eyebrows done, eyebrow waxing can vary in price depending on where you live and how expensive of a salon you choose. The first day your eyebrows will be red but that is completely normal. It goes away after a day or two. You can ask the salon you go to if there is any thing you can put on them to help the red go away faster, Like some aloe gel would probably due the trick.





I hope this was helpful :)
if they just need to be touched up i suggest you just pluck them. i got mine done the first time because i really nedded it i did have good shape but they were to bushy. the lady at the salon changed the shape and made them way to thin. i strongly suggest plucking them. or having somone do it for you
i have super pale and sensitive skin too, getting red afterwards is unavoidable. but for how long the redness lasts usually depends on how hot the wax is, usually mine are red for atleast an hour after, but the lastime i went the wax was to hot and they were red for like 2days it totally sucked. lol 15 sounds good tip the lady 3bucks
That is way 2 much $15 is what they charged me when I go get a manicure I usually pay 5 or 6 dollars to get my eyebrow wax, I have sensitive skin 2 and my eyebrows were red around after I got them waxed but about an hour later they went back 2 my normal self color. Hope I helped.
well my mom does it for me so i cant help u in the price and just say i want to touch them up so i don't have hair out of place and i have sensitive skin too and it does get red but it goes away and it does hurt over the day but not tons also i kinda think 15 is a lot!
-you get what you pay for, so dont go two cheap. but then again too expensive like over 20 would be a rip off.





-and ,most of the times everyones get a little red, it goes away


get it when you know your not planning on going anywhere for a day or two make-up always helps though.
Tell the salon you want them ';cleaned';. This means they will leave the shape the way it is and only take out the excess hairs below, to the sides, and above. $15 seems a little pricey. I'd say $10-$12 is good.
The redness will go away by the next


day.





Just say ';I want my eyebrows waxed,


but not too thin just a little shaping.';





Mine are about $8 but most of my friends


do it for $3.





It's a little high.
A good waxer will know how to make the best eyebrow for you, they will go with your natural shape.





No matter what you're gong to get red, thats part of the process.





15$ sounds fair.
yeah that's too much! my place charges 8 and they do a great job. just tell them that you want them cleaned up. not too thin
15 is wayyy too much. it usually costs about $6. all you need to tell them is to clean your eyebrows. thats what i do.
It doesnt hurt much, and everyone turns out with red patches; its natural. Ask for a tidy touch up and not anything to drastic. Mine costs 拢5 at the mo....
As for the skin issue... make sure they put some special goo, usually has aloe in it on you after the hairs been ripped... makes it feel better and have less redness.
they usually now the shape if u want one u can tell em thou', i think 15 its a little too much, i've paid from 5 to 7 at the nail salon
it all depends on your skin type, if you know that you have sensitive skin i would advise againts it. mine never get really red (only for about an hour after then thats it) but one time my mom got her legs waxed and hers were red and sore and itchy for like 3 weeks.





if you have a good shape already i would try tweezing. you can get a good pair of tweezers and do it your self, or if you are not comfortable doing it, the salon can do it as well





i usually pay 8 dollars to get mine done, but i only go to this lady who lives on my street. i got them done at a salon once and it costed about 15 so its a pretty decent price, as long as they do a good job, i never went to the salon again to do it because they ripped of a peice of my skin underneith my eyebrow.





and ya you just tell them that you want to keep the shape you have and you dont want it any thinner, and they will do it for you





Hope this helped and Good Luck
I agree with most of the users that have replied to say that you just would like the ';cleaned up.'; I've been getting my brows waxed for almost 10 years and a good esthetician will know how to shape your brows properly with your facial structure.





I personally do not think $15 is expensive, I find it quite reasonable. I've seen the same brow person for many years and she charges me $16. When I first started getting them done, I went to a nail salon and they only charged me $6, but the quality was very poor. Waxing my brows for me is like manicures/pedicures to some people, it's the one thing I do to ';treat'; myself.





Try yelp.com and type in ';brow waxing'; in your area and the site is all user based. It's the best user-review based site I've ever been on. And yes, the redness and soreness is very normal, I still get a little red after my wax.
  • becca
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment