Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Acne medication causes skin to come off with eyebrow waxing?

I had my eyebrows waxed for the first time today and, although my eyebrows look pretty great i am not particularly thrilled with the missing skin around them.





my stylist said it might 'scab a little' because the wax 'pulled the skin a little'





she then asked me if i used anything on my skin, and i told her about my differen gel (adapalene) +benzoyl peroxide face wash and low dose antibiotic (doxycycline)





my stylist then informed me that in the future i should stop using those medications two weeks before waxing, and probably shouldnt wax until i'm done taking them.





now this is all well and good, although i'm not happy with how my stylist handled the situation i'm not about to make a fuss. I just want to know if it was really my acne medications that would cause this. I don't use my differen gel around my eyes, and i have a friend who takes very similar prescriptions and waxes her eyebrows frequently with no problem.





has anyone had a similar experience?Acne medication causes skin to come off with eyebrow waxing?
proably was.


look on the bottle...it says it on the directions and warning label.


When I use my acne cream a lot, in a few weeks my skin starts peeling and gets red. And it's becuase I used the acne cream a lot.


I usually stop using it for a while and then go back on it.


I usually put lotion on my face to help stop the skin from peeling.





It could be that or you just have sensitive skin.Acne medication causes skin to come off with eyebrow waxing?
Acne stuff screws your skin up. The differen makes the skin get REALLLY thin. I always found the stuff to not help much anyways. Yeah, just don't wax from now on. I didn't have trouble when I was on that stuff, but a lot of people do. I was on septa and tetricyclin. I also did both differen and retin a micro (i liked retin a better). You stylist is right. Just pluck them.
well, i use benzoyl peroxide and noxzema and when i get waxed nothing happens. Alot of times stylist don't like to take blame for things so they push it on something that sounds believable. Its true, your friend is right
Yes I have. Some places have a sensitive skin wax. They make a huge difference.
happened to me! it felt like a burn. i use differn also

No comments:

Post a Comment