Saturday, August 21, 2010

Eyebrow tweezing, eyebrow waxing or eyebrow threading.... which do you prefer?

i hear threading is the fastest and less painful.





Threading is an ancient method of hair removal which originated in Persia spread to the Middle and Far East, and is now gaining popularity in Western countries. It is equally popular with both men and women in Arab countries.





Practitioners use a pure, thin, twisted cotton thread which is rolled over untidy hairlines, moustaches and so on, plucking the hair at the follicle level. Unlike tweezing where a single hair is pulled out each time, threading can remove an entire row of hair, resulting in a straighter line.





As the top layers of skin are not peeled or traumatized, threading is an alternative for those with sensitive skin or who use Retin-A, Accutane, and similar products. However, it tends to be as or more painful than waxing. Hair removal lasts for about four to six weeks


(From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)Eyebrow tweezing, eyebrow waxing or eyebrow threading.... which do you prefer?
Definitely Threading!!





Tweezing is a really slow process and more painful because you are pulling out hairs one by one. I would only use this method if I have any stray hairs





Waxing is the worst for me because although its quick and cheaper, it isn't very accurate and not that great on sensitive skin. Last time I done it, i got lots of red bumps and it also hurt.





Threading isn't that painful, it's more accurate and it is a quicker version of tweezing because you are pulling more hairs out at one. Its also better on sensitive skin.Eyebrow tweezing, eyebrow waxing or eyebrow threading.... which do you prefer?
Threading cos its cheaper less painfull for me n less stressfull.Plus someone else has a better perspective of your eyebrow someone professional like someone who works at a beauty shop?saloon.





more preferable to have it done in a beauty shop:D:D:P
DO NOT DO THREADING it hurts really bad the first time ( i started out with that) then i id waxing. I doesn't hurst to me but to others it hurts it depends on the person. I only tweeze the hairs that bug me in between waxing.
i tweeze them myself, or have them waxed if i'm feeling lazy. i've never tried threading. i don't find waxing painful, but i have a high tolerance for pain.
If I'm doing it myself, plucking; if at a salon, waxing.


Threading sounds interesting though!
Tweezing.


Threading is a waste of time, and I don't trust other people to wax my eyebrows.
waxing
tweezing- simple , and you can do it yourself easily
Threading for me... i used to have them waxed, but threading is so much better.
i do not agree with your wikipedia reference that it is better for people with sensitive skin. I have very sensitive skin, cannot use retin a because it burns me. Been through accutane twice and much prefer tweezing to threading. Threading feels like having a rug burn on your face. it leaves little whiteheads everywhere on my face and frankly doesn't last nearly as long as waxing or tweezing. I personally don't think that threading plucks the hair out. I think it cuts it below the surface. When I have had threading done it lasts about 2 weeks for me. waxing and tweezing lasts twice that long.





timewise, all three processes take my salon person about 20 minutes tops for my eyebrows and costs the same for all three.





in order of preference waxing, tweezing, threading.
i waxed for like 2 years straight.


if you asked this question 2 months ago, a prolly would have said waxing.





but then my cousins took me to get my eyebrows threaded, and honestly it is less painful. like i know the pain of waxing, ive gotten my eyebrows waxed so many times. but the first time that you get them threaded you can tell that its less painful. and often times it is faster, but not always. it could take longer than waxing, depending on where you go and the skill level of your threader.





but i dont think im ever going to wax my eyebrows again=)

No comments:

Post a Comment